Visions

Ghulam Ahmad is also criticized by Muslims[92] for publishing dreams he saw about a naked man and a woman. From Tadkhirah:

I saw in my dream last night that Muhammadi (Begum), concerning whom a prophecy has been made, was sitting with some people in a village rest-house and perhaps her head was shaven and she was naked and she looked very repulsive.

– Tadhkirah, Page 259

When we had finished the Prayer, I found that I was sitting on a bed in front of Muhammad Husain. It seemed to me that at that time he was dark of complexion and quite naked and it appeared to me that his complexion was darkish. I felt embarrassed and would not look at him....It seems that I said to him: Is it not time that you should make up with me, and incline towards peace? He replied in the affirmative and came close and embraced me while I was sitting.

– Tadhkirah, Page 344

Ahmadis contend[citation needed] that prophecies given to Prophets often have inner or metaphorical meaning and are also not under the control of the prophet concerned; but with reference to the prophecies mentioned above nothing explicit is intended by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. Ahmadis often refer to the Qur'an and Hadith for support of their arguments. For example, a Hadith quoting a dream of Prophet Muhammad states:

We looked into it and found naked men and women[93]

– Sahih Bukhari, Book 87, Number 171

Ahmadis argue that by merely mentioning of a phrase, in this case 'naked man or woman', nothing explicit can be intended as opposed to what is often perceived by their critics.[citation needed]